Sunday, August 10, 2008

The first days...

My first few days in Aklan were hectic.

I had arranged to meet with Father Jobert of the Aklan Catholic College as soon as I got to town. I explained to him what we planned to do and he was kind enough to offer to put us up at the ACC hometel for the length of our stay.

I also met with Fr. Boy Quan to see if we could assist the archdiocese's relief efforts with feeding for the people and their volunteers.

I met up with Pastor Dong of Operation Compassion and we met with some of the local pastors in Kalibo so we could coordinate our relief efforts and avoid duplication.

We approached the PDCC to obtain a copy of the provincial damage assessment report to ensure we were focusing on the right municipalities. And we then spoke with LGU and MSWD representatives of Kalibo and Numancia and asked for copies of their damage assessment reports so we could identify the barangays that were badly hit.


Here's a copy of the first report given to us by PDCC...



No comments: